A Tarot Guide, Not a Fortune Teller
How to Ask Good Questions
Tarot can be a powerful tool to help guide you along your path an achieve goals. I personally do not use it for fortune telling. What does that mean? Well, it means that if you want to know if you will hit the lottery or when you will get pregnant, then I’m not the reader for you! But I still love you :) I also do not give medical diagnoses, legal advice, or anything that is best left to qualified professionals.
Ask And You Shall Receive
If you ask a question like, “Will I ever be happy again?” a card may be drawn that seems to point to a “no” and then there may be a fixation on the negative by the querent. But if you ask, “What are some resources available to me to be happy again?” or “What will bring me closer to the happiness I want in my life?” then we can create a constructive spread that will advise and inspire action.
Asking thoughtfully crafted questions for the Tarot will help you get more in-depth answers—answers that provide insights to possible paths you may wish to follow to achieve your desires or goals. Instead of asking, “When will I find love?” try asking, “What has been blocking me from finding my true love?” Think about rephrasing your questions into formats that begin with “What” and “How”.
It’s perfectly OK to give your Tarot Reader a little more information so they can really get to the heart of the matter. In fact, the more information you provide, the more likely you are to get an accurate reading. Also - be open to allowing your Tarot Reader to offer suggestions to rephrase your question. They may lead you to a question that will create a reading with deep insights and opens up new ideas for you.
Below are some ideas for formulating good questions. Why are they good? Because they ask for "how" and "what". This allows for the cards to explore situations using a more holistic approach.
- What can I do to meet the right partner for me?
- How can I improve my relationship?
- Where is this relationship headed?
- How can I best get over this break-up/divorce?
- What will happen if I go back to my ex?
- How can I best deal with my partner’s…
- How can I stop repeating patterns in my love life?
- What do I need to know about this relationship?
- What does the future look like for me and my lover?
- What can I do to align myself with my dream job?
- How can I improve my career options?
- Where is this career headed?
- What does the future look like for my career?
Whatever the topic of your question, you can use the question formats above to craft a good question for the Tarot.